What Are Off-line Files?
An image is considered off-line when
- The image is stored on a media currently not available (e.g. an external disk or a network folder)
- The image is stored on a media which is currently not inserted (e.g. a DVD)
- The image has been moved, renamed or deleted outside of IMatch.
IMatch indicates the off-line state of an image with a small yellow icon within the thumbnail panel (off-line indicator). If an entire folder is off-line, it also shows the yellow indicator in the Database View.
Setup The View Filter
It may be useful to see all images currently off-line in one thumbnail window in order to perform certain operations. In IMatch you can achieve this easily with a view filter:
- To see all off-line images in your database, switch to the @All category in the category view.
- To see all off-line images in a folder or category, switch to the corresponding folder or category
- Create a new view filter (see the IMatch help for details) and enable the option Hide Off-line Files.
- Enable the option Negate Filter. This inverts the outcome of the filter. Instead of hiding off-line files, it will show only off-line files.
- If you want to use this filter again, store it under a name of your liking.